What I’ve been up to:
- Got my official lupus diagnosis.
- Taking Plaquenil (I finally caved, despite my fear of medication). It works so far. Very minor side effects. Every med does at first.
- My usual rollercoaster (up and down energies and stamina).
- I Pinterested maniacally, and probably illegally, for a while.
- Over it.
- Cooking. A lot.
- Mostly healthy. A few typical slip ups.
- On a 30-Day No-No Mission. No cookies. No Pizza. Not even healthy versions.
- Day 10. I have withdrawal headaches and I hate people.
- Got a Blendtech. Green Smoothie-ing the days away. (Thank you Mom and Naner.)
- Feeling significantly better. The medicine has decreased just about every symptom. (No hip pain. Breathing better. No facial stiffness or pain. Less inflammation. Less bloating. Peeing normal. IC improved. Absorbing nutrients better. Memory and recall improvement. Less brain fog. etc.) Still have a long way to be a normal human, considering my hair doesn’t abandon my scalp on the second month. C’mon Plaq! Let’s do this.)
- I can do a push up again. Sweet sweet push ups! (No cardio yet).
- Blending more stuff! Soups, hummus, non-refried beans, smoothies, milkshakes, nut butters, the cats. Anything!
- Been able to hang out and be more reliable than usual.
- Got a super sexy haircut from sister-in-law to make my thinning hair (autoimmune symptom) look better and stronger. Started hair, skin, and nail vitamins.
- Husband away on business a lot, but able to spend more time with him when he’s in town. Cause I’m getting my bounce back.
- Wore heels on Wednesday. Got setback.
So here I am on the couch, ignoring the little piles of chaos, telekinetically demanding the living room fix itself and failing. I overdid it this week. But I’m content. So content the way things are going. Feels like new beginnings. This medicine gives me just enough energy and freedom to make the meals I need to stay healthy and keep the cycle going. Healthy food: more energy and detoxing. It controls my stress and ease mental awareness so that I don’t end up eating a cupcake every time I stress, which was not rare at all. My house is neater. Husband looks more relaxed. Yes, the quality of life has improved and has potential to improve more if I keep on drinking my spinach every morning. If the anti-malarial pill works (doctors don’t even know how exactly it works, go figure), I may even be able to get back out in the sun more, cause I’m gettin pasty. I don’t even look Spanish anymore. Except my nose. Today I ache quite a bit as I mentioned, because of shoes. If you’re a woman, you know this problem well. My legs and muscles get all weird and don’t heal if the perfect storm of conditions doesn’t materialize for me to wear cute shoes for more than one hour. I was rocking my hair cut and let my confidence get cocky. Gotta keep her in check.
I’ve been wanting to share all the awesome links and recipes I’ve been trying out but I’ve opted to use my recent health for activity. Since I’m down for the night, I might as well spend my active rest giving you links to explore. The recipes are gluten free and mostly vegan. They are so easy they verge on lazy.
Detox Breakfast Everyday: Glowing Green Smoothie
Protein bread!: Paleo Pumpkin Bread
Ditto: Pumpkin Banana Bread
Creamy Comfort food: Roasted Butternut Squash Lime and Coconut
Way to screw with Picky Eaters and Children: South Beach Surprise Mashed Potatoes (I use almond milk and organic Earth Balance).
Having about one a day, still losing weight: Cake Batter Milkshake (No sprinkles for Bubble Girl).
Next Experiment…this one is first when my Cookie privileges are redeemed: Cookie Dough in a Bowl
(No visuals here. Pictures may induce seizures… like a junkie whore).
My friend, also wedding photographer’s wife and now student of photography herself, has a spankin new blog. I was supposed to share a while back, but I was hibernating: Tired Yet Inspired